I'm experimenting with having a public zettelkasten. This is a work in progress.
What do I even think about this concept? I do like that it's like you set a "Hmm, think about this periodically" kind of thing. I love to just stumble upon things and reread things and get reminders. That's what I love about SuperMemo. This reminds me of that book about writing during grad school, actually, writing advice I've heard often: The hard work of writing is rewriting.
- * Community and shared culture are more difficult on the contemporary internet
- * Denial is the bedrock of mental health
- * Dominance is the most toxic trait of an unhealthy society; Hierarchy breeds abuse
- * Endless projects must be limited
- * Everything is art. Art is a moment.
- * Limits are freedom
- * Long-Term Goals and Short-Term Goals are Fundamentally Different
- * Mortality is Motivating
- * Mortality is Surrender, Prioritizing is Grief
- * Patriarchal Heteronormative White Supremacy is the top-ranked constraint for the fascist evangelical death cult
- * Personal responsibility rhetoric is a fear response
- * Prioritization is an expansion of inhibition and impulse control.
- * Self optimization leads inevitably toward fascism
- * Separating out tasks (planning vs execution) leads to less stress and decision fatigue.
- * Spaced Repetition is for Memorizing, Task Scheduling is a Different Animal
- * The hard work of writing is rewriting.
- * Taking a concept to its logical extreme can lead to insight
- * We are trained for abuse by society, starting with the family, then school, then the workplace.